Hall History


1920 Funds for Veterans Halls across the state approved (The hall was funded by the state which passed a Bond issue and turned monies over to County to be administered.)
1924 Veterans hall was constructed, 1 of 13 halls built by Contra Costa County
1920-30's Used as a Movie Theater
1930's Hall was used as a Skating rink
1939 Formation of the American Legion Post 202
1948 Hall served as Brentwood’s first City Hall (used several years) before relocating
1963-65 Hall was used for classrooms ( after the school partially destroyed by a fire)
1978 Flood Evacuation center (Holland Tract flood)
1989 VFW Post 11779 joined the building
2000-03 CCCOE Day School
2004 Marine Corps League Det. 1155 joined the hall
2007 October 1st the Board of Trustee formed the Brentwood Veterans Memorial Building, Inc., as a separate legal entity

Uses alt

Fireman's ball - used for this over 60 years
Numerous crab feeds annually
Voting - Used for voting and gathering place for many town meetings
Plays - Dance Recitals, School Plays, Community Theater, Rotary Trades Club
Used to serve Thanksgiving meals ( 2008: 1200 meals served to all coming in) Boy Scouts Troop 90 & 93
Cub Scout pack 21
4 H Club
Delta 1st 5 (YMCA)
Service Clubs Unite
Brentwood Chamber of Commerce
Toys for Tots


Copyright © 2018. Brentwood Veterans Memorial Building. Website Designed by Purple Cow Websites